Deploy Local Testnet
There are two options to run the pdiem demo:
- Use our Docker Compose file
- Build from the source and run it directly
This guide will only cover the Docker Compose approach because it handles everything automatically for you. It installs the dependencies, builds the code, starts the network with the components connected correctly, and start them.
Requirements to run the demo:
- A Linux computer with Docker and Docker Compose installed
- 50G free disk space (SSD is preferred because the compilation takes longer on HDDs)
- A powerful CPU
Maker sure the
docker-compose commands are available for your user:
1docker --version 2# > Docker version 20.10.5, build 55c4c88 3docker-compose --version 4# > docker-compose version 1.28.5, build c4eb3a1f
To start the full stack, first clone the phala-docker repo on
1git clone -b pdiem-m3 https://github.com/Phala-Network/phala-docker.git
Cd to the repo, build the docker images.
To start the pdiem full stack:
To stop the pdiem full stack (and remove diem blockchain history):
1docker-compose down --volume
To check the service states:
- The state of
diem-clishould be “Exit 0” because we will start it manually on demand.
- Don’t keep it running for a long time. Diem writes ~1MB/s to the disk.
pdiem-m3also supports SGX Hardware mode